The Referral Worker plays a key role in responding to the holistic wellness needs of Esk’etemc members seeking services. The Referral Worker will be responsible for receiving requests for services and providing information to promote holistic wellness.
The Referral Worker will be a highly motivated individual who is knowledgeable in navigating resources with clients. The Referral Worker will be the first point of contact for Esk’etemc members seeking services and is responsible for connecting them with the appropriate services.
The Referral worker will work a standard 32-hour work week but must be flexible in scheduling work hours to best accommodate activities, public events, and other functions as required. The Referral Worker reports directly to and is supervised by the Community Wellness Manager.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboratively conduct assessments and determine resources necessary to support Esk’etemc members seeking services in wrap-around plans
- Refer those seeking services to either the Preventative Outreach Worker or to the Family Support Worker, and/or to other support services in the community
- Based on Esk’etemc needs, coordinate and monitor multiple services from different providers that can assist in serving Esk’etemc
- Human Services diploma or equivalent education
- Non-violent Crisis Prevention Intervention certificate and Mental Health First Aid certificate
- Criminal record check required
- Valid BC driver’s license required
- Knowledge of and experience working with the Ministry of Child and Family Development systems
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture, language, and values would be an asset
- Knowledge of Indigenous social issues and experience navigating cross-cultural challenges required
- Esk’et is a 56KM commute from Williams Lake, BC
- As per Section 41(1) of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to qualified applicants of First Nations ancestry, with preference given to persons of Secwepemc Ancestry
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,608.00 /year
- intake and referral: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)