To provide management of the day to day operation of the shop including general repairs, diagnostic and support to the company by professionally maintaining fleet and equipment and to ensure administrative components of each repair are completed in a timely basis.
Duties and responsibilities
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Inventory Control-keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provide daily administrative and clerical support to project management team
- Maintenance of job files, equipment database
- Attend staff meeting’s and direct other shop staff
- Track repair progress, changes, alert project management staff and operations staff to delays, issues etc.
- Coordinate pricing issues, material orders and deliveries with management staff
- Work in compliance with Cardi Construction OHS policies
- Other duties which may be assigned by Operations Manager on a project to project basis
- Hands on experience with heavy duty construction equipment, trucks and medium duty units
- Strong technical knowledge
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required
- Basic math skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- 310T Certificate in good standing
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- * Mon- Fri schedule (40 hr week)
- Health and Dental
This position requires the employee to work mainly within a shop environment with occasional site visits. Employee must be able to sit, stand for extended periods of time, possess a valid driver’s permit and the ability to work odd/ extra hours to accommodate project deadlines. Due to the nature of this position an enhanced reliability screening will be conducted prior to employment
Position requires high levels of mental acuity, physical ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs on a regular basis, ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time, occasional exposure to inclement weather may be required.
This position has no direct reports
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 to $40.00 /hour
- shop foreman: 5 years (Required)