Field Service Generator Technician
Genrep is positioned for significant growth and we are currently looking to expand our team of Field Service Generator Technicians.The ideal candidates will have a strong background in engine and/or generator repair with genset fuel systems including diesel and natural gas. We are looking for people with experience delivering high quality customer service, excellent communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Visit various client sites to service, maintain, and repair generators, engines, and related equipment according to Genrep quality control standards and expectations.
- Perform Mega OHM Meter and Load Bank testing as required. Perform troubleshooting and prepare diagnoses for mechanical and electrical issues as required.
- Communicate essential feedback from customers to the Sales and Management teams
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other Genrep teams, customers and customer representatives
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education with a diploma/degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work experience in a similar industrial engine/generator/electrical service capacity is an asset. Genset experience is preferred.
- Annual Preventative Maintenance service experience
- Understanding of CSA C282-15 – Guidelines for Generator Maintenance
- Must hold a valid G Class driver’s licence, maintain a clean driving record and be willing to provide an annual driver’s abstract upon employment
- Ability to physically lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly; ability to work while standing for up to 8 hours and/or remain seated for up to 8 hours (while driving)
Job Type: Full-time
- industrial generator repair and service: 1 year (Preferred)
- mega OHM meter testing: 1 year (Preferred)
- load bank testing: 1 year (Preferred)
- industrial engine repair and service: 1 year (Preferred)