RRSP CONTRIBUTION - - - VACATION IN YEAR 1 - - - WEEKLY SUMMER OUTINGS!!!
*** JUST A FEW OF OUR PERKS! ***
The Boys & Girls Club of Dieppe is looking for an energetic, flexible and passionate Educator to work in the After-school Daycare as well as Drop-in Program. It is full-time position with a guaranteed 40 hours a week. The shift is Monday to Friday 1:00pm to 9:00pm.
The Educator is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate environment for the children in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Educator will be responsible for implementing programs to care for young children and activities for our Drop-in program. They must keep up to date records in accordance to our Daycare license and ensure that the equipment and facilities are clean, safe and well maintained.
They will also be responsible with the help of management perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the program
- Help in planning the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Help in developing a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Up-date forms and records to document program activities
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ensure children/youth are supervised at all times
- Provide various experiences and activities for children/youth
- Build children/youth’s self esteem
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children/youth to feel comfortable
- Implement positive discipline when required
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Develop activities that introduce math and literacy concepts
- Be familiar with emergency procedures
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Early Childhood Education or Child & Youth Care Worker or Human Services Counselor Diploma
- Standard First Aid with CPR & AED
- Mandatory Social Development Child abuse check and criminal records check
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Team building with effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Stress management and time management skills
- Child development theories and practices
- Safe and appropriate activities for children/youth
- Must have proficient knowledge to relevant legislation, policies and procedures to ensure that children are supervised and safe at all times
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
The Educator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Job Type: Full-time
- child/youth: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- French & English (Preferred)