Truck Zone is looking for a new team member to join our Bonnyville location as an Outside Sales Representative. The ideal candidate would need to have excellent customer service skills, outstanding communication skills, and experience in the same or similar role within the Heavy Duty Service and Parts industry.
Truck Zone is an Alberta owned and operated company with locations in Edmonton, Bonnyville, Grande Prairie, and Lloydminster. We believe and support our core values, which include being a Team, having a Commitment to Excellence, being Solution Driven, and providing Adaptability.
The Outside Sales Representative is a Representative for all Truck Zone products and services (HD Parts, Truck and Trailer Mechanical Service, and Tank Services. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Outside Sales Representative will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories and physical visits to customer sites. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.).
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
· Must have industry knowledge of outside Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer experience selling parts and service
o At least 5 years of direct experience
o (NOT an entry level position)
· Ability to travel in and outside of the Bonnyville area
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
· Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
· Ability to examine and re-engineer sales operations and develop and implement new strategies.
· Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills.
· Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
· Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
· Experience creating incentives
· Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations.
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
Summary of Duties:
· Generate new business through analysis of assigned area to identify new customers & markets
· Grow existing accounts through execution of a proactive sales plan with initiatives; to include focus on lost & declining business in existing customer base
· Achieve maximum profitability by meeting or exceeding gross margin goals through effective negotiation
· Deliver superior service through consultative sales, preparing quality presentation materials, conducting demonstrations, detailing products & cost savings determining customer needs & requirements & offering solutions
· Develop knowledge of customer accounts to include qualifying Truck Zone capabilities, targeted pricing, applicable contract requirements, & competitive analysis.
· Negotiate & Coordinate efforts with Branch, Service & Parts Managers for best-fit products & services, including pricing.
· Work with Branch Manager & Sales Manager to develop strategic approach, business plan, assist with proposals, contract research & negotiation, & implementation of sales strategies to achieve sales growth
· Identify and communicate work in process, threats, opportunities, & related market trends as required
· Continuous improvement of product & service knowledge
· Develop customer retention strategies
· Aggressively respond to and meet sales opportunities by serving as the source for customers required information, & maintaining consistent contact with all customers
· Bridge communication/service gaps between customer satisfaction & branch operations
· Communicate within our team to deepen understanding of customer business processes, buying procedures, & expectations of service
· Attend branch meetings; share information – instill enthusiasm to achieve sales & operational goals
· Work with branch to achieve delivery performance goals, ensure parts orders & services are fulfilled as promised – keeping customers informed of order status
· Be an advocate and engage in promotion & maintenance of safety initiatives
· Exercise care in all activities, demonstrate safety leadership & report workplace hazards, injuries & illnesses immediately.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
· Travel is required
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
· Able to conduct presentations, and meetings
· Overtime as required
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate: