DSG) (Nasdaq: DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 147,000 parties using its cloud based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Microsoft Systems Administrator to join our Implementations and Maintenance Services (IMS) Team. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing changes, upgrades and managing projects required to maintain our infrastructure to support business needs.
- Manage infrastructure projects from start to finish, including designing and implementing changes and performing upgrades.
- Support the Windows infrastructure servers hosting Descartes internal and hosted applications.
- Installation and maintenance of Windows-based operating systems and software applications.
- Creation of technical documentation and procedures related to assigned tasks or projects.
- Complete functional testing and analysis of requirements for new and existing services.
- Work closely with other IT teams and service delivery departments for escalations and within a process improvement capacity.
- Respond to and provide timely updates to support incidents.
- Provide leadership and guidance to help resolve technical challenges.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base for the team and assist in cross-training other team members.
- Act as a subject-matter-expert for technical support and perform on-call duties on a rotational basis.
- Plan and carry out planned after-hours changes to meet business and operational needs.
The Descartes Systems Group Inc. | T S X :
- A university degree or college diploma in computer science or equivalent with 7 – 10 years of related experience.
- Certifications such as MCITP, MCSE or other Microsoft certifications.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and experience with implementing and managing Microsoft applications such as SCCM, SCOM, ADFS, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM, and TFS.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and related protocols.
- Experience with implementing and supporting client-server applications.
DSG | NA SD AQ: DSGX | 120 Randall Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, N2V 1C6, Canada
Toll Free 800.419.8495 | Int‘l 519.746.8110 | email@example.com | www.descartes.com
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerShell scripting and the ability to automate processes.
- Experience with managing BlackBerry Enterprise Servers.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and SQL queries.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of PXE booting and desktop images.
- Experience with conducting Root Cause Analysis on major incidents and coordinating and executing follow-up actions.
- Experience with Incident, Change and Problem Management procedures, preferably in an ITIL driven environment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects, and prioritize based on business and operational needs.
- Ability to work and collaborate with colleagues in remote offices and in different time zones.
- Proven problem solving skills, service-oriented and solution driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and consensus-building skills.
- Strong drive to understand and learn on the job.
- Security awareness.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.