Marineland of Canada Inc. is committed to providing a great first impression to our guests; a large part of this responsibility rests with Retail Operations department. The Retail Cashier works with a team and is responsible for welcoming guests to the retail store, the smooth running of their cash register function on a day-to-day basis, assists in keeping the retail store clean, assists with the stocking of shelves and reports directly to the Retail Team Leader. This is a very key position in the organization, and is responsible for the sale of souvenirs and other goods to guests of Marineland. The Retail Cashier must greet each guest and be committed to providing superior customer service. The way this position presents says a lot about the organization and is a direct reflection of Marineland and its workplace. A professional image conveys to our guests that we are committed to providing an exceptional guest entertainment experience and we are grateful for their business.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Direct front line cashier and customer service experience is essential.
- Knowledgeable in sales and retail with the ability to respond effectively to guest questions and concerns about products and pricing.
- Excellent verbal skills with the ability to handle all guest interactions in person.
- Work with a calm, can-do attitude, always achieving a positive guest experience.
- Able to operate an electronic cash register and a computer, knowledge of credit card, debit card and foreign currency transactions.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, theme park operations, first aid and emergency situations, retail sales procedures and ticketing are a definite asset.
- Work with enthusiasm and energy sometimes multitasking, while working under a variety of pressures.
- Able to stand and walk for the entire shift. Work with enthusiasm and energy when in the public eye, maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of the operation and concentration while working under a variety of pressures and extremes of weather conditions.
- Ability to speak a second language an asset.
- Ability to support a 7-day a week park operation.
Job Type: Temporary
- cash handling: 1 year (Required)