INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Program Counsellor I – Part-Time/Relief
Crossroads Program and/or Donald G. Evans Residences
The role is to provide day to day counselling support to
clients. Manage and maintain office space.
Part-Time & Relief – Hours/Days may vary depending on needs of
the program. (for all shifts including WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS,
STAT HOLIDAYS, OVERNIGHTS)
As soon as possible
Starting $19.16/hour (JHST Salary Grade 3)
Director of Residential Services (or his/her designate)
1. Be familiar with all relevant client information including PBC conditions, offence
pattern, risk/needs factors and family concerns.
2. Make appropriate decisions based upon the above information, in compliance
with society policies and procedures.
3. Respond to client needs during his/her shift
4. During his / her shift will monitor and maintain all established program
procedures and policies.
5. Identify deficiencies in the current program practices (agency policy and
procedures and contract obligations) and make recommendations or take action
to remedy same.
6. Respond to all fire safety and security issues during his/her shift.
7. Perform program maintenance during his/her shift.
8. Document all significant contact with clients, using the client daily logs, the log
book or an incident report as the situation dictates.
9. Develop interpersonal relationships with the clients in order to assist in the
attainment of the clients’ goals.
10. Assume the responsibility for a limited case load at the discretion of the Program
11. Assist in the auditing of agency/ contractual standards.
12. Assist in review and revision of agency policy and procedures, program rules etc.
13. Assist in developing a resource library via literature review, newspaper reviews
and video reviews.
14. Perform administrative tasks (filing, word processing, photocopying etc.)
15. Remain awake, alert and attentive to client needs at all times when on shift.
16. Perform other duties or assignment as directed by the Director or his/her
1. Community College Diploma or University Degree and/or combination of
education and experience
2. Knowledge of community resources
3. Intermediate-Advanced word processing skills are required.
4. Reliability check through Public Works
The John Howard Society is an equal opportunity employer and a United Way member agency.
Should any accommodation be required, please let a Director know prior to an interview.
Please submit all cover letters and resumes (combined into one document) in confidence by
email to Scott Leone, Director of Residential Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to indicate the
position that you are applying for in your cover letter.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.*