BASIC POSITION FUNCTION:
Assist in the efficient and profitable duties as a Landscaping crew member
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all safety policies, rules and regulations. Ensure you have received a safety orientation; checklist completed.
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is on site or in the company truck (i.e.: ear plugs, safety glasses and vests) and the crew, sub-trades and guests wear PPE as required. PPE is to be worn at all times while working.
- Participate in toolbox meetings: ensure suggestions/requests/concerns are addressed or followed up.
- Ensure all accidents and near-misses are reported immediately.
- Participate and Assist in the hazard assessment reports with the foreman or lead hand for each site.
- Project Responsibilities:
- Assist in all work functions that have been directed by Foremen or lead hand.
- Participate in meeting specifications, time schedules, budget, and profitability goals.
- Ensure all crew members are given respect
- Maintain morale at an above average level
- Represent Company in a professional manner at all times:
- Clothing to be clean, not torn, in good taste
- No bad language
- Rules and policies followed
- Equipment and Materials:
- Operate all equipment as directed by Foremen; responsible for daily maintenance (i.e.: filters, greasing) and appearance. Request material and supplies as needed.
- Report all problems, damage, or missing equipment to Foremen or Lead hand
- Participate in additional projects – i.e.: pruning, equipment maintenance, winter readiness, etc.
- Landscaper Gardener Journeyman for advancement
- CHT Certification (before advancing to a position as lead and or foreman)
- Valid drivers’ license
- Good with people and communication skills
Opportunities for growth:
- Lead hand and Foreman positions
- Year-round Employment
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Preferred)