XTL’s vision is to become Canada’s most respected transportation company. We are creating a great working environment and offering considerable opportunity for career growth in one of our country’s oldest and most important industries.
We have an immediate opening for a Licensed Truck & Coach (310T) Service Technicians.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, as a Technician you will be an integral member of XTL’s maintenance team. We perform all aspects of heavy tractor repair and maintenance to the highest standard. This position is ideal for an experienced truck mechanic looking for a solid, long-term career with an established company. We are looking for a truck mechanic to service and maintain our fleet of trucks; this will include everything from daily checks to performing both minor and major repairs. This is an excellent opportunity for a mechanic who is looking for a stable working environment.
- Diagnosing equipment failures;
- Performing routine maintenance such as oil changes, lubricating equipment and replacing minor
- Conducting daily equipment checks and preventative maintenance;
- Perform security compliance verifications aligned with industry standards;
- Process maintenance related paperwork, maintenance reports and any other required
- Proceed to the preventive maintenance inspection;
- Proceed to the routine as well as emergency repairs of equipment in accordance with safety and
- mechanical standards;
- Complete maintenance reports and complete and sign work orders.
Qualifications and Skills
The right candidates will be:
- A team player
- Licensed 310T Technician, OR
- Apprentice level working towards 310T or willing to enroll for apprentice program
- Requires a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent with technical training to enroll
- Experience operating hand and air tools
- Ability to lift heavy parts (i.e. brake drums)
- Ability to work in all weather extremes both inside and outside
- Knowledge of transportation industry and regulations
- Good written and communication skills
- Experience with welding, is an asset
- Full-time employment:
- Five-day shifts/week (Monday – Friday) 7am to 4pm, OR
- Four-day shifts/week (Sunday– Wednesday) 6:30 am to 5pm (10 hrs)
- A safe and cooperative work environment
- Competitive Wages. Salary to be discussed based on qualifications and experience.
- Group benefit package, Including Dental and Vision
- Boot and tool allowances annually, coveralls provided
- Reimbursed Ontario College of Trades Membership
- Sick Days
- Holiday Time / Paid Vacation
- A fleet 4 years old or newer
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Hiring Bonus Up to $500 (As per XTL Policy)
***Qualified Truck Mechanic up to 34$ per hour with Weekend Shift Bonus
Job Type: Full-time