Located at our new and modern head office in Burnaby, the successful candidate will work with a team of employees across three divisions to help grow our business units. Monthly in-person meetings, team building, community engagement and company culture are paramount to us. Our team members contribute to a positive and dynamic workspace. This is a career position with the opportunity to grow into a more senior role within the company.
To be instrumental in executing marketing initiatives for three divisions of Reliance Insurance (Reliance, Safe Harbour, Pacific Marine). You will work in conjunction with the Marketing Director, executives and staff to increase brand recognition, brand reputation and generate leads. You must be a natural communicator with a positive attitude and be able to embrace a diverse range of responsibilities and be willing to learn as the business grows and roles and responsibilities evolve.
Reporting: This position reports to Marketing Director and CEO.
Social & Digital
- Coordinate with marketing director to develop a strong digital presence, brand recognition and KPI's that are driven by business goals.
- Develop digital content strategy that is in line with overall content strategy.
- Write strong compelling and relevant content.
- Develop content - organic and paid - across social media related to all core market segments using business goals and content strategy.
- Develop social media strategy to increase conversions and referral traffic.
- Explore new ways to engage across various social networks to reach our target consumers both B2B and B2C.
- Conduct A/B Testing, analytics reviews, compiling ROI reports
- Develop social media content calendar for group of companies.
- Implement key deliverables and measure success.
- Gather market and competitive intelligence.
- Maintaining and managing project schedules and tasks through Basecamp, ensuring tasks are assigned and on-track
- Work with external resources to develop key Google Ad campaigns.
- Create quality digital and print marketing resources as required to distribute high level content across various channels.
- Support the commercial department in the development and execution of events and seminars.
- Assist to develop event topics.
- Source speakers and sponsors.
- Promoting events to c-level prospects and other key participants.
- Book event facilities, organize AV equipment, develop task lists.
- Set up and attend events (6 – 8 x yr).
- Assist in community events as required.
- Assist/support various project initiatives related to web updates, blog posts, and funnel marketing with Pathway marketing (similar to Hubspot).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A recognized degree in Marketing / Communications/ Business, or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ marketing experience in a B2C and B2B related company that sells a service.
- Highly developed social media acumen, previous experience a MUST
- Proven track record of actually creating ROI and meeting KPI
- Experience running cost-effective Facebook & Instagram ads (examples required)
- Excellent command of the written English language with a love of proof-reading
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using social media for advertising (Hootsuite, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience with email marketing – such as Mailchimp etc.
- Good understanding of Google Analytics and Webmaster tools
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator (Mac)
- Basic knowledge of Wordpress to post blogs, make minor changes.
- Experience managing data in a CRM; inputting, evaluating and exporting CRM
- Good working knowledge and experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong analytical, organizational, coordinating, and computer skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in team settings.
- Competitive salary
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Long-term disability
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- marketing/communications/business: 3 years (Required)