The Purchasing and Inventory Manager will report into the Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods, supplies, materials and services and managing vendors. This role will perform strategic procurement across multiple categories of spend, ensuring quality and value by partnering effectively with operational departments. This individual will also be responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory management including evaluating stock levels and identifying and liquidating excess inventory.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
- Direct and provide leadership in forecasting and buying activities, with a focus on procurement of supplies and materials at competitive prices and terms; assist in operational decision making;
- Establish and execute best-in-class purchasing and inventory management practices / processes and continuously improve techniques, methods and approach; implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures and collaborate with Accounts Payable to ensure effective implementation;
- Analyze market and delivery systems for assessment of material availability (present and future);
- Implement and administer online purchasing systems; maintain records of goods ordered and received;
- Develop and coordinate purchasing and inventory KPI’s to report and optimize working capital and inventory performance; maintain appropriate inventory levels to meet production and business needs;
- Analyze suppliers based on their capacity, pricing, and service in order to make purchasing decisions that optimize productivity and efficiency; negotiate terms with suppliers and identify availability of products and terms of sale;
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and supplier issues;
- Review, evaluate and approve specifications for issuing requisitions; prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies, services, equipment and raw materials;
- Develop, implement and maintain standard operating procedures related to inventory control and variance reporting of raw and finished materials;
- Conduct cycle-inventory and support the variance/reconciliation processes; support inventory control of raw and finished goods;
- Lead and manage efficient and accurate product and supply forecasting and ordering processes, to including entering bills of purchases, and transfers;
- Collaborate with People Operations department in recruitment, scheduling, training and performance management of Purchasing and Inventory department staff; provide leadership and mentorship to employees and model best practices;
- Maintain and operate company equipment and company vehicles in a safe manner;
- Support operations and regulatory teams in audit requirements, including internal and external reporting; and
- Other tasks as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Knowledge of sourcing avenues and vendor management;
- Advanced problem-solving skills;
- Strong supplier and vendor relational skills; exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Excellent data entry skills; ability to build and lead diverse teams;
- Knowledge of accounting and business principles;
- Understanding of manufacturing systems and lean principles; and
- Advanced skills in general software applications (MS Office).
You Are an EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR, capable of negotiating and building strong relationships across the organization.
You Are ANALYTICAL, capable of analyzing multiple data sets and complex numbers and creating effective solutions and process efficiency.
You Are an EXCEPTIONAL MULTITASKER, with the ability to prioritize and organize workloads, working on parallel activities simultaneously.
You Are a STRONG LEADER, including leading projects with broad scope and promoting teamwork between departments;
- 5-7+ years’ purchasing, inventory control and vendor negotiation experience in a highly regulated environment; experience in the cannabis industry preferred, but not required;
- 5-7+ years’ in a progressive supply chain management role;
- Experience with vendor management and materials management software; and
- Experience forecasting, scheduling and negotiating.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supply Chain Management: 5 years (Required)
- Inventory Management: 5 years (Required)
- Vendor Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)