Job Number: 79558
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Organization: MDU GENERAL
Status: Casual Job Part-time
Hours per week: .01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: OPSEU Local 273
Minimum Salary: 25.9307 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 29.8777
Post Date: Dec 4, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Dec 11, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
The adult Medical Diagnostic Units at Hamilton Health Sciences include the MDUs at Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre and West Lincoln Memorial Hospital. These are all administered in the Diagnostic Services program with a unified management structure. Specially trained physicians, technicians and technologists provide a range of both In-Patient and Out-Patient diagnostic testing that focuses on Cardiac, Pulmonary, and Neurological issues. The specific diagnostic tests available are: Electrocardiography (ECG), Holter Monitoring, Stress Exercise Testing, Echocardiography (Echo), Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE), Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT). Electroencephalography (EEG), Electromyography (MG), Evoked Potentials (EVP) and Peripheral Vascular Testing.
Accountable to the Senior ECG Technician and Clinical Manager, the ECG Technician will perform routine 12 Lead Electrocardiograms on both inpatients and outpatients. The ECG Technician will recognize and report abnormal findings, obtain patient histories and data. The ECG Technician will complete all necessary paper and clerical work associated with testing. They will provide training of students, new staff, and nursing staff. The ECG Technician will maintain equipment and perform other duties as assigned.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, weekends, holidays
1. Cardiovascular Technician diploma (or equivalent) with active registration and membership in good standing with Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT)
2. Minimum of one year recent experience in ECG Lab with demonstrated interpretation skills within the last five years
3. Demonstrated ability to work responsibly in an interdisciplinary team environment
4. Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal), organization and interpersonal skills
5. Demonstrated effective problem solving skills, critical thinking and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced clinical environment
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively relate to the client/patient population
7. Demonstrated initiative and judgment appropriate for the position
8. Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate behavior consistent with HHS Values Based Code of Conduct
9. Demonstrated commitment to maintaining and improving individual competence as well as contributing to the education and development of students
10. Demonstrated advanced arrhythmia interpretation skills
11. Demonstrated ability to perform venipuncture and specimen collection
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement