Ecommerce Operations & Merchandising Manager
We are Kit and Ace. We make Technical Apparel for your everyday life by applying the best practices of athletic design to clothing you want to wear all day.
We created Kit and Ace for people like us – people who love to move and understand how technical clothing should perform, people who are spoiled by the comfort and movement of athletic apparel, but want to leave gym clothes at the gym. In our world, functionality, beauty and style live together.
Still reading? Good. Let’s create some big things together.
As the Ecommerce Operations & Merchandising Manager you are responsible for managing and executing the strategy for kitandace.com. You are the operational owner of all aspects of the ecommerce business including, business planning, content strategy and development, campaigns and other online marketing, website design and maintenance, guest experience and education, and online analytics. In addition, you are responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners and play a key role in developing and executing seasonal merchandising plans that optimize the display of merchandise on the Kit and Ace website.
There is a lot of moving pieces and it’s your job to strategize effective ways to achieve company financial and business objectives. You are the link between ecommerce and all other areas of the business
- Overall ownership of driving the revenue and profitability of the ecommerce site to meet or exceed company plan
- Analyze and report on ecommerce KPIs and develop action plans to grow the business
- Manage departmental budget & forecast, including digital marketing spend
- Manage the operational development and execution of digital marketing strategies
- Support the build out of digital marketing strategies to increase reach, engagement, conversion, sales per transaction and retention
- Measure and report on performance of all digital marketing initiatives against goals (ROI and KPIs), and provide guidance and recommendations
- Collaborate with Brand and Product teams on the development and execution of seasonal content strategies and ensure that all strategies are optimized for the website, and email
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for Kit and Ace on Digital Best Practices in ecommerce
- Manage the online merchandise presentation and execute an effective position and content
- Execute and assist in development of seasonal merchandise plans that achieve both financial targets and visual merchandising objectives
- Aggregate insights from digital analytics, A/B testing and brand knowledge to make informed merchandising decisions
- Monitor Merchandising site performance across all pages to achieve site productivity goals
- Analyze historical sales insights, on-site metrics and inventory positions to optimize product recommendations on product pages, ads, social, and email.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by category, guest, and product type
- Have excellent knowledge of our product assortment, brand ethos and guest to create an optimal online experience
- Manage and optimize user journey to drive sales and limit barriers on the path to purchase
- Work with key stakeholders to resolve eCommerce operational issues that impact consumer experience
- Manage external relationships including agencies and other vendor partners
- University degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Ecommerce, Digital Marketing and Online Merchandising. Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud preferred
- Exceptional understanding of consumer online behavior (marketing funnel), trends, and market analysis
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with a very strong understanding of web analytics, marketing analytics & ROI
- Demonstrated depth of UX experience, communications strategy, eCommerce marketing systems, and tools & platforms in an eCommerce environment.
- Clothing retail experience strongly preferred
- Proven leadership capabilities and ability to coach and develop leaders with strong delegation skills
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment, able to receive and communicate feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Flexible and able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented
- Autonomous, proactive, with the ability to take initiative
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Working Team: Ecommerce Team
Works closely with: Product, Finance, Retail, Brand & Logistics Team
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Compensation: Let’s talk!
Location: Vancouver, BC
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and cover letter in either PDF or MS Word format. In your cover letter please describe how you move in your city, outline a one-year goal you are working towards and explain how this position will assist you in reaching your objectives.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thank-you for your interest in Kit and Ace!
Job Type: Full-time
- Ecommerce: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)