What you will do:
Responds to customer needs, inquiries and requirements in a professional, prompt, respectful and courteous manner at all times
Diligently responds to work orders, work assignments and other work requests in a timely manner consistent with the response and rectification times outlined in the Facility Maintenance Services Agreement (“FMSA”), or as otherwise directed by management.
Works together with other maintenance staff, management, Hospital staff and contractors, as and when required, in a cooperative, efficient and respectful manner to complete assigned work.
Performs all duties in a safe, diligent and careful manner, and in strict compliance with Company and Site-Specific occupational health and safety policies, rules and requirements
Housekeeping and Clean-Up
Ensures that all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all time in a manner consistent with good housekeeping practices.
Performs maintenance, inspection and repair work on all facilities and systems within the scope of work defined by the Facility Maintenance Services Agreement (“FMSA”), as and when required, directed or assigned, consistent with his or her skills, abilities and training.
Classification Specific Qualifications, Duties and Responsibilities
Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility equipment and systems
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and response and rectification guidelines
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection
- Performs regular facility equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity are maintained.
- Communicates and records observations about facility equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for enhancement and repair.
- Monitors facility by conducting facility walkthroughs, equipment and system monitoring and inspection
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs equipment and building systems
- Responds promptly and courteously to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance in a timely manner on facility equipment and systems
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database.
- Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database.
- Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
- Works with subcontractors on equipment repair, preventative maintenance and calibration.
- Recommends spare parts and supply purchases for facility equipment
- Accurately maintains/completes all equipment logbooks and maintenance records as required
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related project work.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required.
- Assists in enhancing customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
Other duties as assigned
What we look for:
§ Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs when assigned
§ Regularly scheduled evening and weekend work and 12 hours shift work may be required.
§ Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
§ Must have the ability to use hand tools, lift/carry 50 lbs., and to work on ladders/step stools.
§ Requires working extended periods on his/her feet in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- More than 5 years of facility maintenance experience in hospital, university, food, manufacturing environment, or any other commercial or industrial institutions
§ Requires a good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems in a large facilities
§ Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics
§ Must have good communication skills (verbally, written); must be able speak and write in English.
§ Must be familiar with use of building automation systems (BAS) – Metasys knowledge is an asset
§ Working knowledge of computers and handheld devices
§ Positive, professional disposition towards work and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors and to contribute to a project team.
§ Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
§ Ability to succeed in a team oriented environment under very dynamic (changing) conditions.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality of JCCLP and client related business activities
Supervision and Direction
- Reports to the Operations Manager(s) on duty.
- Receives and follows work direction and assignments from Central Dispatch Services (CDS) and designated Lead Hands
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Job Field Operations
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions