Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Barkman Concrete Ltd. is a leading manufacturer of precast concrete. Since 1948, Barkman has sustained growth through the contributions of our team members’ commitment to customer service, quality, and innovation products. We currently have an opportunity in our Operations team for a CI Process Coach in our Steinbach plant.
In this role, you will work closely with Continuous Improvement & Quality Manager to provide quality training programs and coaching to staff primarily in our Manitoba facilities.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
· Coordinate with Operations, CI, HR and Safety in providing leadership for developing and directing training initiatives for all employees
· Gather and analyze information to design, develop, and deliver new training programs that are efficient and effective and have a positive impact on the organization
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Safe Work Procedures (SWP) with the Supervisors, Lead Hands and Safety so they can train their work team
· Deliver training and adapt training techniques to the learning style of the learners
· Support production activities and assist in attaining department metrics and initiatives
· Transfer knowledge of lean manufacturing and application of tools
· Adherence to production process requirements, to the principles of all quality policies, and the foundations of the Strategic Quality Process
· Design and develop materials for all technical systems training
· Present course material to employees through a traditional classroom approach, one-on-one coaching, or other methods
· Perform training needs analysis by assessing the skill level, performance, and competence of each learner
· Identify relevant training needs, documentation, and opportunities
· Generate positive attitudes and high morale in employees by nurturing a culture of cooperation, problem solving, new ideas and the enthusiasm
· Mentor the Lean journey to all areas of the organization through: Kata Coaching, Huddle Coaching, 2nd Coaching, Leadership Coaching
· Oversee active and productive huddle meeting agendas and principles
· Assist and facilitate teams with improvement activities
· Conduct Lean training with employees throughout the company
· Participate in the Continuous Improvement Consortium of Southern Manitoba (CICSM) Board meetings and activities
· Work with lean facilitators and other consortium board members to best use the paid for facilitator days. i.e. – CME lean 101 classes, assessments, advise, etc.
This role will be primarily located in Steinbach but will extend into bringing initiatives to Winnipeg and Crossfield, AB facilities as well. Some travel will be required, more frequently to Winnipeg than to Crossfield.
To qualify for this role candidates will have:
· Good verbal and written communication skills to teach and coach continuous improvement and safety
· Excellent computer knowledge using office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Valid Driver’s license to travel to Barkman facilities
· Previous CI training such as Lean greenbelt an asset
· Education and/or experience in Adult Learning or Training Development an asset
· Willingness to take various train-the-trainer courses and CI certifications as requested by the company
· Manufacturing experience being directly involved with production is required
Barkman offers you group insurance, a retirement savings plan and education subsidies. Wages will be dependent on education, skills, and experience. To learn more about our company and products visit our website.
Please submit your resume by March 15, 2020 (Please note that we may start interviewing prior to the 15th, it is recommended to submit your resume as soon as possible.)
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent