Bissell Centre works toward the elimination of poverty in our community. Guided by a passionate concern for the dignity and well-being of each individual, our work is based on building relationships, hope and trust. By addressing multiple needs, Bissell Centre provides a holistic approach to helping families and individuals experiencing poverty or homelessness.
Bissell Centre is looking for a driven, creative, and passionate fundraising specialist. The ideal candidate is a hard worker, with high standards who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
The Development Officer is a member of a dedicated team of development professionals seeking to build long-term donor relationships in support of Bissell Centre’s programs and services. The Resource Development department is committed to raising funds from a broad base of constituents and providing excellent donor services.
- Planning, developing and implementing strategies to effectively identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward assigned donors with the goal of strengthening the relationship between Bissell Centre and the donor
- Oversee the legacy giving program and set annual strategies and goals to connect with potential supporters interested in legacy giving
- Actively manage a portfolio of major gift and planned giving prospects and donors
- Work with the program departments to secure appropriate project information, including financial and in-kind needs, program objectives and success stories
- Write and edit materials including case statements, compelling proposals, presentations and progress reports
- Attend speaking events and presentations when requested
- Educate and bring awareness to the issues of poverty and homelessness, and the work Bissell Centre does in the community
- Maintain detailed records on donor interactions through the donor management software according to Bissell Centre’s standards and in compliance to best practices for donor relations
- Minimum of 3 years fund development experience
- Post-secondary degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Fundraising certifications (CFRE) will be considered an asset
- Proven skills in developing and implementing fund development plans and proposals.
- Exceptional skills with computer software, specifically donor databases, is necessary.
- Sound knowledge of principles, proven methods and strategies of fundraising, donor relations and communications.
- Confident, enthusiastic attitude towards ability to achieve goals.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with people at an individual level and in large groups.
- Candidate must be passionate about building reciprocal authentic relationships
- Ability to manage process, deadlines and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Familiarity with issues of poverty, homelessness and Edmonton’s urban core
Conditions of Work
- Full-time position—40 hrs/wk, willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Daytime travel required within the greater Edmonton area.
- Working within an office space with participants who are experiencing complex life situations
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Welfare Intervention Check
- Driver’s Abstract
- This individual will report to the Director of Resource Development.
- We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and working experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by June 7, 2019 to:
Director of Resource Development
10527 - 96 street
Bissell Centre is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity within our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability. Bissell Centre is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, in accordance with provincially and federally legislated protected grounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent