Snowden Animal Hospital in Cloverdale Surrey BC is seeking an experienced (1 year preferred) Veterinary office Assistant for a combined role of receptionist and Veterinary assistant. We are a small animal Hospital that will see dogs, cats. Our vision is to provide uncompromised Veterinary care to our patients. The hospital is open all 7 days. Our requirements include:
The primary role of the Receptionist/ Veterinary assistant is to be the first point of contact between pet owners and the vet clinic staff (Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians and Practice Manager), including answering their various questions and concerns on the phone and in person. The Receptionist /Veterinary assistant reports to the Veterinarian and the Veterinary Practice Manager while on shift.
To provide adequate care, Receptionist/Veterinary assistant responsibilities include but are not limited, to:
- Provide exceptional client care in the most highly professional manner and demeanor at all times, in public and staff only areas of the hospital, on the phone and through electronic communication mediums.
- Assist with all front-line, public facing duties at reception.
- Answering inquiries over the Phone, email.
- Booking appointments
- Making call-backs to clients and prospective clients
- Issuing invoices and taking payments
- Assisting customer and clients to waiting room or exam rooms
- Providing front line sales including food and over the counter pet products
- Assisting with mail and package deliveries
- Monitoring questions and comments that come through social channels (ie Facebook)
- Greet patients and clients and their owners as they arrive, inquire the reasons for visit, and show them to an examining room.
- Helping Veterinarian while collecting Patient blood, urine, and tissue samples if needed to carry out test for diagnosis. The veterinary assistant will help Veterinarian during Surgery and monitoring anesthesia
- Ensure the Hospital is clean at all times, including all surfaces, floors, walls and equipment and public common areas.
- Calm and soothe anxious patients and provide food and water to hospitalized patients.
- Adhere to hospital's safety and wellness regulations.
- Provide answers and or resources to clients' worries about their animals and general pet care. Direct clients to the veterinarian for further consultation.
- Maintain clear, accurate records of all animals attended to at the hospital and answer all inquiries made by clients at the front desk.
- Assist with duties and events for the Regional Animal Protection Society, outside of the Animal Hospital shifts, as required.
- Although the job requires a great deal of collaboration with the Practice Manager, Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistant/receptionist is expected to have initiative and to work independently to get the job done.
- Must be willing to work Saturdays and Sundays as required.
Receptionist/Veterinary Assistant Skills & Qualifications
The Receptionist/Veterinary assistant must have a blend of interpersonal skills and technical skills. Communication skills and interpersonal skills are especially important as the Receptionist/Veterinary assistant interacts with many people including the veterinarian, vet staff, office personnel, clients and vendors.
Receptionist/Veterinary assistant requirements:
- Recognized qualifications as a Veterinary Assistant with minimum 1 Year experience.
- Experience working in a Veterinary Hospital preferred
- People-person; lives and breathes customer service
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Comfortable communicating over the phone and using phone
- Passionate about animals
- Experience in e-vet practice software preferred
- Knowledge of computers
- A positive, constructive attitude
Our ideal candidate should possess a team member attitude.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Animal Hospital: 1 year (Preferred)
- Veterinary Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)