Family Dynamics is an accredited not-for-profit, community-based agency.
The mission of Family Dynamics is to bring programs, partnerships, and resources together
to empower and strengthen families and communities.
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
Pay Range: $13.18 - $17.95/hr
Reporting to the Family Support Coordinator, Family Support Workers provide confidential in-home supports.
Our workers support families in a way that maximizes their strengths and helps to build their capacity in parenting, conflict resolution, and managing crisis. Support Workers share information about and connect families with local community resources as well as provide practical assistance with childcare (may have behavioural problems and or complex needs and household management tasks). Working with the In-Home Family Support team, all staff work to bring programs, partnerships, and resources together to empower and strengthen families and communities.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Complete tasks as outlined in the service agreement including listening to and assisting parents with identified issues; providing coaching and referring to and connecting with resources in the community.
- Using role-modeling, discussion, observation and reflection techniques, assist parents in the resolution of conflicts keeping self, children, and others safe.
- Guide parents in understanding and managing children’s behaviours.
- Provide childcare that promotes the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of children. This includes the provision/facilitation of a variety of enriching activities both inside and outside of the home; the preparation of nutritious meals and snacks; feeding children; changing/dressing.
- Assisting parents with outside appointments as required.
- Complete routine household duties with/for parents as outlined in the service contract.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Child and Youth Care, Early Childhood Education; or Human Services is required
- Education and/or experience working with people with mental health issues, anxiety, and behavioural/emotional challenges is required
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification is required
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong behavior management skills and the ability to positively guide and assist children of all ages is required
- Ability to work with individuals and families of diverse backgrounds is required
- Strong communication and organization skills is required
- Ability to work both independently collaboratively within a team is required
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with parents, children, co-workers and community members is required
- Ability to establish rapport quickly, maintain appropriate boundaries and set limits with children, youth and adults is required
- Effective self-care strategies and the ability to remain professional in stressful situations is required
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds is required
- Available to work evenings and/or Saturdays as required.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for travel throughout the City of Winnipeg is considered an asset
Applicants will be subject to a satisfactory criminal records check, including vulnerable sector search, and child abuse registry check. Family Dynamics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If this position is of interest to you, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
401-393 Portage Ave,
Winnipeg MB, R3B 3H6 *
(204)947-1401 FAX (204)947-2128 *
Acceptance of an application is ongoing until position is filled.
POSTED ON: JULY 6th 2018
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $13.18 to $17.95 /hour
- Early Childcare: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)