MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION INC.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR - MCLD
November 22, 2019
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Métis Nation’s Manitoba Métis Community. The Manitoba Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Program Coordinator position within our Métis Community Liaison Department (MCLD) located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator plans, implements and coordinates and oversees the MCLD programs to ensure that established goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, budgetary guidelines, and work plan activities.
· Oversee administrative, financial and program management of the Métis Community Liaison Department;
· Oversee and provide supervision and guidance to the MCLD team;
· Create and oversee budgets, reports and ensure program reporting requirements for funding criteria are met;
· Provide recommendations, write reports on departmental activities and results including statistics on services and programs provided, financial status of programs, department goals and objectives;
· Maintain current issues, important priorities and create briefing notes on the departments progress;
· Assist in the formulation of departmental creation, development, implementation and strategic planning of the Department;
· Perform a range of administrative tasks including researching and writing for the Department;
· Manage the financial and physical resources of the department and coordinate the development of plans to meet the changing needs of the Métis people and communities.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Business Administration or relevant field. Equivalent experience and training may be considered;
· Several years’ experience as a Program Coordinator or relevant position;
· Experience preparing funding proposals for social service projects and programs;
· Knowledge of program management, delivery and implementation, and creating/maintaining budgets and expenditure reports;
· Knowledge of local, federal and provincial resources;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
· Experience working for a not-for-profit or Indigenous organization is an asset;
· Knowledge of Métis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Métis people;
· Knowledge of Métis culture and MMF programs and services is an asset; and
· Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Word format, referencing the job posting number by Sunday, December 8, 2019.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email or Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job Type: Full-time