About Yorkland Controls
Yorkland Controls is a major distributor and control systems solutions provider providing HVACR controls, access, CCTV and building automation systems for our customers including: Facilities owners, engineers, contractors and management companies.
We are known for creating innovative, value-based building automation and environmental controls systems tailored to meet the unique needs of the market.
We represent and are backed by the major control system manufacturers and brands, including Honeywell, and Johnson Controls.
As part of the Toronto Controls Engineering team, you will be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and programming building automation control systems while providing top tier customer service for all internal and external customers
In order to perform your tasks you will utilize your knowledge of HVAC Systems, control devices, basic computer operations, electronics, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, direct digital controls, airflow, hydronic systems, IT networking, and building control techniques.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up and commissioning on assigned projects.
- Generates commissioning reports and mark up of drawings for as-built conditions.
- Setup the graphical interface and establish network for the control system.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for commissioning and programming products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing systems at customer's/project location.
- Demonstrate initiative to work independently with the ability to meet deadlines within a stressful environment.
- Sound working knowledge of HVAC fundamentals, systems, equipment, and controls.
- Has basic knowledge of computer networks, IP addresses and Ethernet communications.
- Coordinates with field manager, project managers, and customers to precisely understand project requirements for control field installation by extensively examining building layouts, updating issues, gathering materials and synchronizing onsite field work.
- Able to communicate effectively with contractors, customers, electricians and other trades on construction projects.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, screwdrivers, wire strippers and electrical meter.
- Able to understand mechanical drawings, electrical diagrams and interpret to actual equipment and systems.
- Keeps current on BAS products and their advances, including installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of systems and devices.
- Ability to work with Yorkland provided control systems and third party equipment/controls and understand BACnet, Modbus and other building automaton communication protocols
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- Able to travel out of province for training or working with other offices within Yorkland Controls.
- Custom programming for job-specific applications.
- Effective oral and written skills to communicate with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to perform field tech and customer training when necessary.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two/three-year College or technical school and/or 3-5 years of experience in controls and building automation systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidate to have 3 to 5 years experience in any or all of the following automation systems
- Johnson Controls Field Controllers
- Honeywell WEBS Field Controls
- Niagara Ax or N4 experience with Tridium Certification * Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years * This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Controls HVACR: 3 years (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)