Are you looking to use your medical expertise in a new environment? Are you searching for better work life balance? If so, this may be the position for you!
ACM works with some of Canada’s largest insurers and most prestigious brands and we are looking to complement our dedicated, goal-oriented team. ACM provides services to individuals who have purchased a travel insurance policy and need assistance on their trip or to submit a claim. We are seeking driven, career-minded individuals to fill several positions within our growing company. We offer a competitive salary and potential for growth. At ACM, “It’s About People” and we invest in you by providing full training and opportunities for advancement.
The Case Manager is a health care professional that assesses and manages our clients’ medical emergencies while travelling. With in-house Case Management training and utilizing proprietary networks and tools, the Case Manager is able to uncover the clinical facts, facilitate access to appropriate health care regardless of location, and work with local health care providers to coordinate a patient’s safe transition back home. At the same time, the Case Manager works with ACM’s Emergency Assistance, Case Management, and Claims teams to determine what a clients’ travel policy covers and ensure that medical expenses are appropriate and necessary.
- Communicate with health care providers worldwide to obtain the clinical status of an insured's medical condition
- Assess the appropriateness of proposed medical treatment with the support of ACM's Medical Directors
- Initiate and coordinate medical patient transfer in collaboration with ACM Case Coordinators to promote client safety and contain cost
- Identify the acuity and anticipated medical management of a clinical presentation to inform case strategy and implementation
- Analyze clinical information and communicate the impact on eligibility for coverage to internal and external stakeholders
- Educate health care providers on the role of travel insurance and medical benefits available to the insured
- Review, summarize and analyze client medical records
- Use case management software to accurately and concisely document all call details and actions taken/required
- Provide professional mentorship of Case Management Team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- University Degree/College Diploma in Nursing or equivalency medical training
- Current license in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and membership with RNAO (if an RN)
- At least two years of clinical experience in a hospital/community setting
- Experience in ICU/ER an asset
- Handle/communicate and exchange sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate medical terms/concepts to diverse groups, including medical professionals and the general public
- Able to handle fluctuating work volumes in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- Able to work independently or in a team
- Proven ability to prioritize work responsibilities to achieve best possible outcomes
- Basic understanding of travel insurance, insurance terminology and case management is an asset
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Excel, typing)
- Able to work various shifts and days of the week as required
- Access to internet and mobile phone
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Job Type: Full-time