Level 1/ 2/ 3 Rope Access Technicians
The Brock Group is a leading provider of industrial specialty services to clients around the world, with headquarters in Houston, TX, and operating units in Canada, the United States, and Latin America. With the Canadian head office in Edmonton, the company supports routine maintenance, turnarounds, and industrial capital projects by providing services including scaffolding and work access, insulation, fireproofing, and asbestos abatement, for general maintenance, construction, turnarounds, and shutdowns to western Canadian producers.
A rope access technician job duties may vary from site to site, however the main responsibilities are to possess extensive knowledge of rigging and rescue techniques, recognize, assess and install the appropriate rope access systems for the work environment, coordinate all activities relating to the work tasks within your team, create and implement the rescue plans.
· Work for 8 hours at a time in an environment where temperatures may reach from 0 to 60° C, both indoors and outdoors in the sun.
· Work in an environment in which vibrations and noise are moderate to severe and noise level may require the wearing of hearing protection devices.
· Work in confined spaces for 4-7 hours per day; stand or walk for long periods.
· Able to wear a full-face respirator, and media blasting hood for extended periods.
· Utilize the installed rope access systems to safely perform tasks at height.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
· Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds often and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
· Maintain footing on surfaces which are sometimes slippery.
· See well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors.
· Hear well (naturally or with hearing aid).
· Must be able to effectively communicate with other employees and supervision.
· Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and feel objects; and coordinate well the use of hands or fingers and eyes.
· Previous experience working in industrial facilities.
· Must have reliable transportation to and from the work location, as required.
· CSTS is a minimum safety requirement, other safety tickets as required by site.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract