Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Scale Attendant is responsible for greeting all visitors to the site in a respectful and courteous manner. When functioning as a scale attendant, you will determine which municipality visitors are coming from, the type of waste they are bringing to the site and directing visitors to the respective bins. This information is recorded electronically for reporting and billing purposes. When functioning as a public drop off attendant, you will greet visitors respectfully and ensure waste is deposited in the respective bins. You will also be responsible for site cleanliness and work with third-party vendors for collection of various diverted materials.
· Deal with the public, fellow staff members and sub-contractors in a positive, courteous, and respectful manner
· Weigh all trucks as per instructed.
· Communicate with on-site crew via radio
· Clean and maintain the scale house and surrounding areas daily
· Provide daily inspection reports, weather reports, activities report, hauling report
· Provide support to operations as required
· Enter service information and weight into various databases as well as in email format.
· Understand and apply all corporate health & safety procedures.
· Answer all incoming telephone calls.
· Other duties as assigned by Site Manager.
· Excellent communication and administrative skills
· Ability to work independently and within a team dynamic.
· Ability to multitask.
· Proven ability to take initiative, time management skills, and display professionalism.
· Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care