The Optician At Wink Optical creates exceptional value in the lives of our customers by ensuring all patients and customers receive the highest quality of service.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greeting customers
- Promptly answers the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner.
- In Doctor’s office explains all required paperwork, tests, products and services as well as the appropriate time frame.
- Attentive to details; reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully; identifies special needs, consulting with Optician and Managing Doctor when necessary.
- Shows patience and courtesy to all customers and patients.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly despite time pressure and customer volume.
- Identifies situations involving unsatisfied customers and acts quickly for resolution. .
- Demonstrates knowledge of appointment book/scheduling procedures and computer operation/procedures.
- Handles and files all patient records in an organized and efficient manner in accordance with HIPPA.
- Places contact lens orders, processes shipments and properly submits invoices for payment.
- Operates the POS system terminal inputting customer/patient and prescription information with accuracy and attention to details.
- Accurately operates the POS system, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions, such as credit cards, layaways, discounts, insurance and coupons.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with Company provided guidelines.
- Maintains safe working environment for all associates/patients.
- Quickly responds to changes in store promotions with appropriate staff communications, graphics, and point of purchase materials.
- performs all optical duties required by College of Opticians
- Demonstrates good product knowledge; takes initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames.
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their vision, lifestyle and budgetary needs.
- dispenses frames
- Performs all pre-examination testing with accuracy and attention to detail; takes the initiative to explain all measurements and answers any questions the patient may have.
- Utilizing clinical and product knowledge, provides coaching and guidance to patients on the care and handling of contact lenses.
- Responsible for the maintenance and disinfection of contact lens inventory; provides clinical support to the Optometrist as needed.
- Opticianry diploma
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of current fashion trends
- Leadership skills
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem solving ability
- Familiarity with cash register, computers and calculators
- Organization skills
- Sales skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Knowledge of office and store merchandise
- Previous experience in customer service, retail and/or optical
- Strong interpersonal skills
Job Type: Part-time and/or Full-Time
- Opticianry Diploma and or Optometric Assistant certification
Job Type: Full-time