Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
We have an exciting career opportunity for an independent problem-solver interested in a position as an Associate, Reorganization & Recovery (Corporate) within our Advisory Services group in Vancouver. Your role includes working within a team on a portfolio of complex corporate restructuring files and assessing the viability of diverse business entities in a variety of industries.
As an Associate in our Reorganization and Recovery team, you have the ability to read and analyze financial statements and an accounting, finance or business background. More importantly, you are resilient, solutions oriented, and cool under pressure with natural abilities in conflict resolution, negotiation and thinking on your feet.
This is an entry-level position for the right individual with an interest in building a career as an insolvency and restructuring professional. However, we will consider a higher level role for a candidate who has more experience and/or professional qualifications for whom a Senior Associate role may be appropriate.
As an Associate your responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a team on corporate restructuring files
- Working on engagements assessing the viability of businesses, including evaluating the issues those businesses face, in a variety of industries and assisting in the preparation of written reports to the Court and/or other stakeholders
- Performing financial analysis as well as reviewing or preparing cash flow forecasts
- Communicating with creditors and other stakeholders
- Interacting with legal counsel in dealing with the legal elements of various engagements
- Developing and growing your relationships with other corporate restructuring professionals, including lawyers and representatives of lending institutions
- Taking an active role in industry organizations, events and firm marketing initiatives
- Maintaining professional competence and staying current in technical and legal elements of a corporate restructuring practice
- Adhering to all firm risk management policies and taking active steps to minimize the risk exposure to the firm
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Think you’ve got what it takes to be our Associate, R&R? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Professional certification such as a CPA or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and a strong sense of self
- Independent, intuitive thinker with the ability to apply accounting skills and business acumen in a variety of unique, challenging, real time assignments
- Willingness to seek to qualify as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee, including enrolling in the CIRP Qualification Program
- Strong client development skills and enjoys the social aspects of marketing to key targets
- Demonstrated aptitude for detailed technical work
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.