Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they got to your local retailer? Or what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway?
At Maersk Distribution and Warehouse Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single day.
Each of our client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client's business more flexible.
Our warehouse network spans from East to West Coasts of the United States and in Canada. Our services include transloading and automated sortation, cross-docking, replenishment, drayage management, and inland transportation.
We are looking for Warehouse Supervisors to join our North America Warehouse and Distribution team. These positions will be based in Pitt Meadows, BC.
The Warehouse Supervisor position is designed to coordinate the logistics process of freight movement both on a regional and local level. The Warehouse Supervisor will have the accountability for shipping, receiving and storage functions of his/her assigned shift and assure timely and accurate processing of all cargo as well as planning staffing requirements based on weekly production schedules.
As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us!
If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team, now part of the Maersk global organization under a combined Warehousing & Distribution division, offers third party logistics services to over 500 customers. Encompassing almost 15 million square feet of warehousing capacity throughout the country and a large transportation segment capturing a variety of services, PT has key supply chain hubs in the Los Angeles and New Jersey/New York areas, and other facilities along the Western & Eastern coasts along with multiple locations in the Midwest. Performance Team has delivered significant sales and profitability growth over the last 8 years and will drive the Inland Logistics and Services business for the combined US business units for Maersk.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
- Oversee and direct the shift operations to achieve the highest level of safety, productivity, and customer service with a focus constantly on cost and efficient use of labor
- Constant focus on the cost of operational labor and ensure that man hours are held to a minimum
- Ensure safety policies and practices are being adhered to and are fundamental to the Company culture
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, analyze production errors and recommend/implement corrective action for assigned shifts
- Provide creative and innovative ideas to improve operational productivity while maintaining a safe work environment
- Participate and/or represent Maersk Warehouse and Distribution within various operations, safety, and labor related meetings
- Ensure that reports, billing and labor payroll are timely and accurate
- Responsible for safe and efficient use of facility equipment
- Effectively communicate with other departments to ensure the efficiency of the shift as a whole
- Communicate with Warehouse Supervisors and/or Operations Manager regarding daily operational issues and events; reporting directly to the Operations Manager
- Meet customer and Company key performance metrics, goals and objectives
- Foster team environment within the facility and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Manage, evaluate and mentor warehouse colleagues
- Supports the commitment to the Company’s Core Values
- Proficiency in in proprietary systems such as WEBEC/FT, Walmart GLS and Manhattan
- Coordinate with Managers and Human Resources to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Complete shift documentation as per Leader Standardized Work
- Manage and mentor team leads on Visual Management Boards
- Be able to recognize waste and identify solution and execute solution
- Lead Team in Maersk Daily Improvement (MDI) Huddle
- Participate in the Area MDI Huddle, tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the area and wider business.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound shipments with Customer Service staff to ensure all client requirements are being met
- Design forms, documents to streamline processes and/or automate processes
- Monitor supplies for department
- Ability to lift/handle cartons weighing 50 pounds
- Performs job related duties as specified by management
We are looking for
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED; College degree preferred
- 1+ years’ experience supervising/managing a team of 10+ employees, preferably in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- 1+ years’ experience in hiring and firing employees and performance evaluations of direct reports
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to have the flexibility to work all shifts, including nights weekends and holidays
- At times may be required significantly extended shift hours based on business need.
- Strong candidates are assertive, adaptable and resilient
- Must be a self-starter; resourceful; solution-oriented
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player attitude
(Nice to have)
- 1+ year 3PL (Third party logistics) experience
- 1+ year warehouse or distribution experience
- Warehouse management systems or WMS
- Experience running a shift by themselves without direct management support