Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for full-time, part-time and casual health care assistants (care aides) to work at Mount Ida Mews, our long-term senior care community in Salmon Arm, BC.
Benefits of working for Vantage Living:
- Extended benefits. 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Work/life balance. Flexible schedules to support your work-life balance.
- Local. Locally owned and operated, supporting the community.
- Modern. Beautiful, modern communities that inspire lifestyle.
- We’re cool. A fun and vibrant company culture!
Responsibilities of the position:
- Be human. Respect and promote the dignity, choices, and individuality of each client.
- Be personable. Recognize clients as individuals with unique cultural, spiritual, and psychosocial needs.
- Be respectful. Respond to scheduled and unscheduled requests from clients for assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, and treatments at times that respect client choice (as outlined in the Care Plan).
- Be diligent. Report critical incidents and unusual occurrences to the Program Coordinator.
- Be an opportunist with a dash of spontaneity. Participate in the delivery of social, recreational and therapeutic programs such as group activities, outings, special events, communal impromptu gatherings, and the coordination of spontaneous opportunities for being social.
- Be ambitious. Take initiative in organizing unscheduled social and recreational opportunities wherever possible (i.e. card games, movies, gardening, etc.).
- Be attentive. Performs other duties as assigned.
Your desired experience and expertise:
- Graduate of Health Care Aide program.
- Registered with the BC Care Aide Registry.
- WHMIS certificate
- Passionate about and skilled in delivering personal care services and activities that respond to the needs, functional ability, interests, and choices of clients.
Status: Full-Time, Part-time, Casual
Want to know more?
No resume? No problem. Reach out to us anyway and let’s chat by phone or contact us @ www.vantageliving.ca or click here.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual