Renaissance BioScience Corp. is a privately held, global, industry leading biological engineering company based in Vancouver, Canada. Renaissance develops functional, market-ready microorganisms for the global food and beverage, agriculture, chemicals, and healthcare industries.
Are you someone who likes to work in a fast paced environment, thrives on multitasking and enjoys helping others?
Renaissance is looking for a proactive and collaborative Administrative Assistant to join our team. This role will be based out of our offices located on the University of British Columbia’s main campus in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing proactive administrative support to all staff as the “go-to” person who ensures the efficiency of day-to-day operations for our office.
Our ideal candidate enjoys taking on a variety of work and is an effective multitasker.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to take on part-time work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works on a variety of administrative projects, as requested
- Responsible for the correct and timely ordering of all office supplies
- Arranges travel (flights, vehicle rentals and accommodations) for company-wide business trips and conferences
- Manages boardroom bookings and the staff calendar
- Coordinates communication with building maintenance
- Organizes Company events
- Greets all guests and organizes meetings (ordering meals/coffee, taxis)
- Manages the phone line/voicemail system, answers/transfers calls, takes messages and provides assistance
- Receives/distributes/sends incoming and outgoing mail/parcels and couriers
- Coordinates with freight brokers for customs clearance
Assists the Executive Leadership Team
- Provides administrative support as requested
- Assists in the preparation of expenses and timesheets
- Assists with employee onboarding and off boarding
- Provides guidance on established HR policies
- Troubleshoots and coordinates the resolution of IT issues with our IT provider
- Proactively updates the company website
- Manages the computer requirements for new and departing employees
- Manages the Company’s software accounts (Adobe, MS Office, and etc.)
- Other duties, as required.
Education & Experience Required:
- Post-secondary education in business or related experience
- 3+ years of administrative experience
- Computer savvy; proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Adaptability to work in a busy work environment; ability to multi-task – do what’s needed to get the job done
- A strong communicator; clearly express ideas in written and oral communications
- A quick learner
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Problem solving attitude
- Collaborates to efficiently and effectively meet the requirements of role
- Ability to prioritize workload and allocate time/resources accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team setting; strong self-starter work ethic/attitude
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an entrepreneurial, growing, and changing work environment
This is a part-time role working up to 30 hours per week. General office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, with the requirement for flexibility to work additional hours when needed.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter indicating why you feel you are a fit for this role today. Please indicate Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, thank you.
Job Type: Part-time
- administrative: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors