To be considered for this position, you must apply at the link below:
St.Amant is a non-profit organization, offering programs & services throughout Manitoba which support over 1600 children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism, and their families. We are committed to delivering person and family centered supports through individualized programs and services. St.Amant is guided by its core values of Collaboration, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect.
Visit St.Amant online atwww.stamant.ca
- Must possess a current certification as a Child Care Assistant or be eligible for certification under the Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Act.
- Must possess a valid emergency first aid certificate and CPR under the Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Act.
- Must have previous experience providing care to children in a child care setting.
- Previous experience providing service to children with special needs as asset.
- Previous experience in an interdisciplinary environment an asset.
- Must be physically fit.
- Must have knowledge of Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Act.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Care Management
- Consistent with the Mission and Philosophy of the Centre, the Child Care Assistant is responsible for the provision of the child care/program services for children with special needs and children without special needs who live in the community ensuring adherence to the policies of the Centre, as well as the requirements of Manitoba Child Day Care Standards Act. Priority is given to provide services so as to support an inclusive environment for all children. Duties include:
- Ensure adherence to a formal Individualized Support Plan process to ensure all needs of the children with special needs are addressed.
- Implement as directed any developmental program involving assigned children with special needs (no more than 3) including equipment maintenance, data collection, attendance at client review meetings.
- Ensure that the general needs of the child and family are being met through direct intervention.
- Work closely with the member of the Developmental Preschool Outreach Program to ensure effective programming.
- Provide notification to coordinator of any accidents, unusual incidents, suspicion of abuse involving children, parents or staff.
- Ensure equal developmental opportunities for all children are provided.
- Assist in general upkeep of the facility.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Provide primary care for all children.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, adult abuse registry check, and a child abuse registry check.
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
St.Amant welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Casual