Edmonton International Airport is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation whose mandate is to drive economic prosperity for the Edmonton Region. EIA is Canada’s fastest-growing major airport over the past 10 years, the fifth-busiest airport by passenger traffic and the largest major Canadian airport by land area. EIA offers non-stop connections to more than 60 destinations across Canada, the US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe. At EIA you become part of a tightly knit team, working in a supportive environment, dedicated to fulfilling our vision of more flights to more places.
Northern and Indigenous Stakeholder Relations Coordinator
1 Full-Time, Term Position (18 months)
Manager, Indigenous & Stakeholder Relations
4 (Included in the General Bargaining Unit)
$28.94 - $32.08 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
The Northern and Indigenous Stakeholder Relations Coordinator supports the Edmonton Northern Partnership (ENP) program as well as Indigenous and stakeholder relations initiatives. This position is accountable for supporting administrative and communications functions for not only EIA, but for all ENP partners (EIA, City of Edmonton, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce, University of Alberta and Edmonton Global). In addition, this position is accountable for supporting EIA in communications and administrative functions directly related to Indigenous stakeholder relations, specifically supporting relationship building, planning meetings, logistics, deliverable tracking, protocol management and day-to-day functions carried out by the project lead.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Liaise with ENP Members & Partners, including providing updates via telephone, emails, meetings and ongoing reporting
- Prepare and distribute meeting materials, including agenda’s, budget materials and partner updates
- Ensure ENP budget is updated regularly with input from ENP Chair and partners
- Attend ENP meetings and take minutes and action items for ENP partners
- Work with ENP partners and external stakeholders to coordinate sponsorship, invoicing and payment details
- Support EIA communications team in the development of indigenous stakeholder relations activities, including establishing new relationships, preparing and tracking meeting documents and actions items
- Support the Indigenous and Stakeholder engagement plan for specific projects to ensure strategic, measurable and regular reporting of engagement activities
- Support the coordination of business development activities, including the development of long-term relationships with governing bodies
- Coordinate activities that promote the understanding of Indigenous relations and how that can be incorporated into EIA’s ongoing work
- Support the creation of an accepting, respectful and non-judgmental workforce
- Coordinate cultural events and programs
- Coordinate materials for consultation meetings, round tables and town halls with stakeholders and community members
- Identify collaboration opportunities to create regional benefit through economic participation
- Act as a brand ambassador in the community
- Communications experience - Post-secondary education, degree or diploma related to Communications or Public Relations considered an asset
- Experience supporting and coordinating meetings with stakeholders
- Experience preparing and disseminating meeting agendas and materials and updating budgets
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interest in the aviation industry
- Interest in creating lasting and mutually beneficial relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations
- Ability to execute tasks identified in communications plans
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture, protocols and stakeholders considered an asset
- Ability to create and maintain positive stakeholder relationships
- Must secure and maintain appropriate airport security clearance and acceptable criminal records check
Applicants from this competition may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature.
Applicants from this posting may be utilized to fill future vacancies of a similar nature.
Edmonton International Airport is an equal opportunity employer.