AromaTech is an innovative E-commerce fragrance company located in the heart of Vancouver, BC. Enhancing Environments with Scent. We manufacture nebulizing scent diffusers and perfume quality fragrances for home and businesses. We are highly experienced in eCommerce, brimming with ideas and enthusiasm, and incredibly excited about what the future will bring.
AromaTech is currently in the search for a Bookkeeper to join our team.
GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION – BOOKKEEPER
- Covering all book keeping aspects of the business, including but not limited to A/R, A/P, reconciliations, cheque runs, book reconciliations and closings
- Ensures all accounting items are performed in a timely manner, meeting assigned or mandated timelines
- Exercises considerable independent judgment and initiative in performing assigned duties.
- Exercises tact and courtesy in contacts with vendors, contractors and clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to perform all A/P and A/R duties; necessary to perform A/R duties
- Perform full-cycle bookkeeping duties using QuickBooks at an expert level
- Full cycle progress billing and tracking
- Monthly bank, credit card and loan reconciliations for multiple projects
- Reconciling intercompany accounts
- Petty cash reconciliations
- Assist in weekly, monthly, and quarterly report preparation for management
- Track and issue employee reimbursements
- Communicate effectively with clients, partners, vendors, and all others involved in JBR’s business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Full cycle accounting abilities, including but not limited to A/R and A/P
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience working with QuickBooks ONLINE; if level is not at expert on starting, expectation to become a QuickBooks level expert in a reasonable amount of time
- Good understanding of principles of accounting and financial reporting practices; ability to close books
- Detailed knowledge of construction industry billing practices, including progress billing and lien holdbacks
- Exhibits a high level of self-motivation, pays attention to details, and is extremely well organized
- Must possess and practice excellent interpersonal, communication, team management and problem-solving skills.
- Must work well under pressure and with multi-task workflows
- Experience in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Works productively and harmoniously with others consistently, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Gym
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Due to the current economic situation part time work or work from home is available.
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Preferred)
- Quickbooks Online: 2 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)