Magnum is currently seeking experienced Structural Repair Technician to join our growing team!
- Competitive Compensation Package based on experience & qualifications
- Shift premiums & a variety of flexible shift options totaling 40 hours weekly
- Opportunities to generate overtime earnings
- Extended Health Care benefits (MSP coverage, prescription coverage, dental, orthodontic coverage (for dependent children), vision, long term disability, life insurance and many paramedical services)
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Magnum Paid Holidays (in addition to vacation time)
- Opportunities for development, growth and advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- ITA Sponsorship & apprenticeship training program for applicable programs
- OSSE (Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence) certified work environment
- Employee Recognition Programs (Company-wide BBQ’s, employee referral bonus program, pizza lunch for safe working days)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welding, fabrication and repair of commercial transport equipment
- Replacement of wall panels on chip trailers, refrigerated trailers, and van bodies
- Ability to perform hydraulic repairs inclusive of trouble shooting
- Working knowledge of air and electrical systems
- Measurement and calibration of equipment
- Fabricate items based on blue prints, using strong knowledge of various weld form symbols
- Square up and weld various geometric components
- Proficient at flux core, metal core and aluminium welding
- Operation of overhead crane
- Maintain daily records as required
- Adherence to pre-established standards of performance, shop safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment within the department and on each job
- Responsible to identify areas for improvement, ways to better expedite and gain production efficiencies, and cost reductions where applicable.
- Consistently punctual and available for a minimum of 40 hours of work per week
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 1+ years of work experience in a fabrication, manufacturing or repair facility
- Welding ticket an asset but not required
- Strong Fabrication skills with mechanical aptitude
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit
- Ability to use hands to operate equipment, handle, or feel
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 – 50lbs
- Occasionally lift and/or move >50lbs with assistance
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, and reach above and below waist
- Ability to communicate both verbal & written in the English language
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Ability to recognize and troubleshoot structural integrity repair needs while working independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions via written, verbal, or diagram form
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Professional demeanour and superior customer service skills
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc., founded in 1984, is a highly respected industry player within the heavy duty truck and trailer market that has a solid reputation for innovative design and exceptional customer service.
The company has three lines of business; trailer design and manufacture, truck accessories design and manufacture and a truck service operation. The majority of Magnum's revenues are generated from within Canada with the balance derived from the United States and Central America.
Our Culture: At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. The commitment of our employees is fundamental to our continued success and we are committed to continuously improving employee relations. By providing a fair work environment, encouraging innovation and teamwork, the employees and ownership will continue to share in the success of the company.
CONTACT & COMPANY INFORMATION Magnum Trailer & Equipment Inc.
Address: Head office address: Unit #1 - 31632 Marshall Road
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Phone: 1 -604-855-7544
If you are a qualified candidate for this position we encourage you to apply today! Candidates should submit a resume for consideration. While we appreciate all interest, only candidates who are qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)