Shimano is a global company offering top labels and brands to the world’s sporting community. Throughout its 100 year history, Shimano has constantly been at the forefront developing cutting-edge technologies and products. Shimano develops products that meet the global demand for superior quality components, apparel and accessories through original technologies and innovative ideas.
We are seeking a Customer Services - Technician to join our Shimano Canada Limited Fish team in Peterborough, ON.
A Customer Services - Technician is the Department’s initial support level responsible for providing our customers with exemplary service and communication. The image and reputation of our business is based heavily around the people in this position. The environment is fast paced and process driven with tight deadlines and a strong focus on problem resolution of a technical nature. This includes, but is not limited to, fishing rod and reel services, warranty assessment and product troubleshooting/resolution, while ensuring required service levels and turnaround times are achieved.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor of Customer Services, the successful candidate must meet or exceed expectations and communicate professionally with customers, management, and co-workers. The duties and responsibilities of the Customer Services - Technician include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide estimates for labour and parts, create work orders and facilitate all warranty and service related concerns
· Schedule and ensure all warranty and customer repair work are completed in priority order while following our established process, achieving daily 10 reel quota and other KPI’s.
· JD Edwards and Salesforce contact creation, case creation, case maintenance & follow-up
· Enter/close/finalize CD return authorizations and QC data
· Coordinate with Supervisor and internal sales department as it relates to product warranty/repair and corrective action resolution.
- Complete invoicing and customer payment transactions and if necessary obtain approval of credit.
- Co-ordinate pick-up/delivery to customers and provide feedback on any non-conformities of product serviced
· Track, monitor and analyse department metrics on a regular basis to drive operational excellence
· Sell additional service/maintenance, parts and accessories.
· Maintain individual and departmental service levels and goals
· Perform other duties as assigned by management
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office’s Outlook, Word and Excel
· Proficiency in Salesforce & JDE platforms
· A minimum of 2 (two) years fishing experience.
· Ability to multitask, work under pressure and handle adversity
· Ability to communicate technical information
· Some mechanical skills required.
· A team player with integrity, positive attitude and strong work ethic
· Customer Service experience is an asset.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel that you meet the qualifications we require, please submit your resume and cover letter.
For more information, please visit our website at www.shimano.com/en/
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano Canada Ltd. reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Shimano Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location