Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
Reporting directly to the Mill General Foreman, the Mill Trainer is a key member of the Mill Operations leadership team and will be responsible for overseeing the training and development of mill operations team members.
- Development and delivery of job-specific training within the Mill department, including mobile equipment.
- Working in collaboration with Mill Supervisors and employees to develop and roll-out Standard Operating Procedures.
- Demonstrate positive safety leadership, safe work practices, and team work.
- Coordinate the training of mill operators and provide input towards succession planning for all positions and communicate trainee development to Mill leadership.
- Ensure all on the job training is done consistently and in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Encourage continuous improvement in all aspects of mill operations through coaching and task feedback.
- Maintain accurate and current training records, including training hours and any recertification requirements.
- Ensure all legislated training requirements are current.
- Provide relief operation coverage when required.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of on-the-job and classroom-based training. Certified trainer preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Mineral Processing, preferably with 3 or more years in a Supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience in developing procedures and overseeing the training for Mineral Processing functions, including: Crushing, Grinding, Flotation, Dewatering, Reagent Systems and Tailings operation.
- Experience in using and training with DCS based systems for the control of plant processes.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated record of safety leadership and supporting a safety culture.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint, and audio/video presentation equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
*PAY AND BENEFITS
CMM offers a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package, and RRSP contributions for retirement planning. *There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine.
This is a Monday – Friday (5x2) position. All qualified persons are invited to apply; *applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.
Send resume outlining related qualifications (in either word or pdf). We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent