Position Title: Janitor
Reports To: Capital and Housing Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 Hours/Week
Working out of the Tsay Keh Dene Community, the Janitor performs cleaning activities within well-established guidelines and assigned areas for the Tsay Keh Dene band buildings. He/she must provide clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly , and satisfying surroundings for the staff and the public. The Capital and Housing Janitor is responsible for cleaning and disinfecting in accordance with health procedures and universal precautions. He/she promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odours. He/she performs other related duties as required by supervisor.
Assigned Offices, Accommodations, and Work Time Allocation:
· Tsay Keh Dene Band Office and Multiplex
Offices and Living Areas Cleaning Maintenance
Washrooms, Bathrooms and Kitchen Sanitary Maintenance
Laundry and Waste Disposal Management
Inventory Maintenance and Security
· Strenuous physical activity involved (walking, standing, squatting, lifting).
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds; stretch arms above head; bend to clean under furniture.
· On feet most of workday.
· Push, pull, lift, cleaning equipment and supplies.
· May stand on chair or small stepladder to reach high places.
· Subject to heavy dust, housekeeping and disinfecting solutions.
· Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
· Work in damp, dusty and dirty areas.
Job Type: Temporary