Job Summary: Directs and implements maintenance programs aimed at maintaining a zero defect environment for guests. Inspects, maintains, and repairs all mechanical, electrical, and other equipment used by the guests or affecting the quality of their experience while visiting the property.
- Creates a safe and attractive environment for guests and associates by ensuring the hotel is maintained in accordance with safety standards.
- Completes hotel room and building repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, and painting. Performs repairs on toilets, sinks, laundry facilities, kitchen and other hotel property.
- Develops plans for completing routine and preventative maintenance and renovations; coordinates work with hotel department managers.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the hotel, grounds, pool and exercise room.
- Prepares engineering budget. Monitors actual versus budgeted expenses and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Ensures hotel adheres to all regulatory and safety standards by meeting with government and insurance inspectors and taking correction action as needed.
- Keeps all mechanical, electrical, and structural blueprints up to date.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of hotel or apartment experience.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing maintenance.
- Experience with general maintenance tools.
- Troubleshooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, and carpentry.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, stoop, and reach upward.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures and cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Pool Operator Certification required
- Required to be on call on off hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,896.00 to $45,760.00 /year
- hotel maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Criminal Record Check (Required)
- Pool Operator (Required)