Green Circle Salons is a company committed to keeping People and the Planet Beautiful! We enable our member salons and spas to offer greener and smarter choices to their customers and employees. Our services and systems are designed to offer an affordable and achievable pathway for the beauty industry to make a difference and build a sustainable green business approach and lifestyle.
Green Circle Salons is a fast-growing Toronto local company that is all about protecting the
environmental integrity of the communities we all love and share. We hustle to make a positive impact on people, the community and the planet every single day and use our business as a force for good.
The Assistant Marketing Manager plays a valuable role in supporting the efforts of Green Circle Salons. The ideal candidate will be an expert multi-tasker with a functional understanding of media buying and campaign execution.
This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and will be responsible for implementing and supporting the marketing strategies of Green Circle Salons, including copywriting, tracking results, website updates, creating sales materials, and media buying.
The Assistant Marketing Manager will naturally align with our four core values:
- Help co-workers and partners so that we can all do big work
- Engage with humility and curiosity, not ego
- Say what you mean and mean what you say (clear is kind)
- Respect diversity of thoughts, perspective and experience
- See challenges as opportunities, contribute solutions
- Engage with hope and optimism
- Embrace a growth mindset and engage in continuous learning
ALL – IN
- Honour your commitment and follow through
- Call attention to bottlenecks (unlock the bottleneck)
- Go above and beyond, and strive for excellence
- Driven by social, environmental and economic health
- Be the change you want to see in the world
- Lead by example, live a more sustainable lifestyle
- Purpose driven to become a force for good
The broad scope of this position requires interaction with various Departments within Green Circle, so excellent communication and prioritization skills are a must.
- Develop/support/implement/execute Marketing campaigns
- Generate Marketing and Sales materials
- Plan, manage, optimize advertising campaigns resulting in increased conversions and sales
- Copywriting for advertisements, marketing and sales materials
- Manage the companies email marketing campaigns and calendar
- Update all department metric tracking documents
- Work with Graphic Artists to create digital and print ads
- Work with Webmaster to make updates to website
- Work with freelancers when required to develop marketing materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- College or university degree in Marketing or Communications
- 5+ years of marketing experience (Agency experience an asset) with a small to medium sized company;
- Strong problem-solving skills while maintaining a professional service-oriented attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results while managing multiple projects
- Knowledge of brand strategies and a demonstrated ability to apply them;
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management and organization skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Proven ability to effectively work in teams with multiple stakeholders and to influence and align others;
- Ability to develop fact-based recommendations
BONUS POINTS FOR
- HTML knowledge is an asset
- A passion for sustainable beauty
- A desire to make the world a better place
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Being comfortable in a close-knit setting
We want to see your design and writing skills right from the outset. To apply, please submit your full resume (i.e. fully formatted and designed resume) and a cover letter letting us know why you want to work for us via Indeed.
Green Circle Salons welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Copywriting: 3 years (Required)
- Marketing: 5 years (Required)