Court & Stults is recruiting an enthusiastic, service-oriented general practice lawyer.
The team at Court & Stults is small and friendly. The environment is welcoming and it is easy to feel right at home at our office.
The ideal candidate will have between 3-5 years’ experience with:
- Real Estate: residential and commercial real estate transactions including a strong understanding of AREA real estate agreements, land titles procedures, statements of adjustments, and residential lending transactions;
- Corporate/Commercial: corporate re-organizations, incorporations, drafting, negotiating and closing asset and share sales/purchases, commercial leasing, financing (with a strong understanding of personal property and security law), and negotiating;
- Civil Litigation: engaging with the rules and procedures set out in the Alberta Rules of Court, drafting pleadings, preparing and running trials, chambers’ applications, special chambers’ applications and negotiating on behalf of clients; and,
- Wills and Estates: drafting of wills, powers of attorney and personal directives, the establishment of family trusts, the administration of trusts and estates, the provision and implementation of estate planning advice and providing assistance and support for business succession planning to complement tax and other specialist advice.
The idea candidate will have the following core competencies:
- Member of, or eligible to be a member of, the Law Society of Alberta;
- in good standing to practice law in Alberta jurisdiction;
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who has the ability to work independently (prioritize projects and manage time effectively);
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and verbally;
- Ability to convey complex legal analyses in a practical manner; and
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the successful applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year