Sales Representative – Northern Alberta
Founded almost 50 years ago, King Marketing is a national manufacturer’s agency primarily focused on representing leading brands in the hardware and home improvement industry. With 60 Sales and Service Representatives, King Marketing represents some of the most well-known manufacturers in the industry.
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Representative to cover Northern Alberta. The successful candidate will report to the National Sales Manager.
This role would be ideal for an engaging, out-going, organized self-starter.
- Working in Home Improvement and Hardware stores such as Home Hardware, Castle, Federated Coop and TimberMart, driving sales for the manufacturer’s King Marketing represents.
- Prospecting and soliciting new customers.
- Initiating in store activities such as introducing product lines, suggesting and writing orders, product display implementation and maintenance, cross merchandising activities, product knowledge training sessions, and processing defective merchandise returns.
- Working directly with the represented manufacturers both on the road and through regular phone and e-mail contact, as well as taking key manufacturer principles to accounts as required.
- Working with distributors and distributor reps to grow the business.
- Participating in trade shows, dealer shows, and customer events.
- Reporting all activities on a daily basis through an on-line reporting system.
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Building and maintaining relationships at all levels in the territory from head offices to individual store owners and managers as well as store staff.
- 25% overnight travel will be required
- Outgoing, with good relationship building skills
- Performance driven with a competitive nature.
- Self-Starter that can work on their own.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-past environment
- Strong organization skills
- Ideally the candidate should have industry experience in the home improvement sector.
- Clean Driving License.
- Reliable Car.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary including bonus plan.
- Company Medical and Dental Plan.
- Mobile Phone, Laptop.
- Car Allowance & Gas Card.
- Matching RRSP Contributions after 1 Year.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent