Tier 1 helpdesk support representative responsible for providing technical project resources and delivery of support services to customers. Has knowledge in:
- Windows Server management and deployment.
- Network concepts in support of vendor agnostic architectures (VLAN's, Routing Protocols and Routing design, Spanning-Tree).
- Firewall Concepts in support of vendor agnostic architectures (ACL's, NAT, IPS, IDS ETC). Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (Scada)
- Virtualization support for both Hyper-V and VMware environments.
- Backup policies and best practices
Position works directly with customers to deliver assessments, designs, implementations and on-going support.
- Assists clients performs hands-on network, cyber security, wireless assessment, and design and implementation of simple and complex process automation of acquisition equipment in the field. A clear understanding of the remote support model and remote troubleshooting principals.
- Performs configuration of small to medium sized virtualization solutions, including server and network design.
- Liaison between customers’ information technology department and manufacturing/operations technology departments.
- Writes detailed tickets and documentation, including user needs, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation requirements to develop or modify systems, infrastructure, or hosting and may advise clients of these results.
- Provides technical sales support specific to network services, hosting and workstation solutions.
- Document all relevant information and record time spent on a task by task basis.
- Network / Systems engineer or related position;
- Hands-on experience configuring IT equipment (Cisco, Fortigate, Sonicwall, Sophos, VMware, MS Virtual Server, Port Forwarding, Security Configurations, Environment deployments.
- A reasonable understanding of requirements for an MSP remote support model.
- Researching and Creating technical quotes for simple and complex network solutions.
- Preferred; Bachelors’ Degree or diploma in computer science, information technology or related technology driven field; required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications, organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills and configuration is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to ever changing demands.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Hands on experience with Line of buisness applications, Virtualization Technology, Windows Server, Microsoft Office, Office-365, SFTP and Linux systems a plus.
- Demonstrate an ability to influence and guide team members when required.
- Network Engineering Certification (CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching/Wireless, CINS Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist, VCA, VCP, GICSP); preferred.
- Windows Certification (MCSA, MCSE); any track; preferred.
- Outside Functions – Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving and or flights may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job.
- Employee required to use hand tools.
- Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
- Employee required to analyze and interpret complex IT data.
- Employee required to analyze, upload and download precise data to equipment and field located systems.
- Employee required to have strong problem-solving skills.
- Employee required to communicate with the sales teams and clients.
Aegisys is a Sudbury local MSP and Cloud provider with services being provided to clients through the US and Canada. Our team of professionals are personable and very much operate as a team in day to day activities providing a supportive work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour