Service Desk Analyst Co-op
Length of Term:
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The role of Service Desk Co-op is to provide Level 1 support to employees pertaining to computer, desk phone, smartphone and peripheral related incidents, problems and service requests. The Service Desk Co-op also performs assigned technical support duties utilizing standard Service Desk Ticketing software and assist in providing timely resolution to these issues or escalates the issue to the appropriate team.
- End user support, being the first point of contact for users requesting service or reporting incidents; Document support requests in the Ticketing System
- Provide Tier 1 support of desktop hardware and applications and peripherals
- Tier 1 triage of incident tickets, automated alerts and escalation to support teams
- Asset Deployment and tracking including imaging, configuration and deployment standard laptops and desktops; inventory tracking of PCs, laptops, desk phones and other end user peripherals
- Mobile device support including provisioning and setup of smartphones and tablets
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 1st – 4th year University or College student, currently enrolled in a Computer Systems Technology program or related discipline requiring a co-op
- Team player with good interpersonal skills that values communication, collaboration and coordination
- Ability to work within a fast pace working environment and to changing priorities
- Proven customer service experience
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
What we offer
Within walking distance to the Go Train station
Free parking, including free electrical charging
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.