Job Posting: Assurance Manager
Assurance and Accounting
Tenisci Piva LLP is a community-minded, friendly and approachable team, providing quality business advisory, assurance, accounting, and tax planning services. Our clients include small to medium-sized entrepreneurial businesses, and are diverse and engaged in a wide variety of industries and business needs.
Our goal is to develop a trusting relationship with our clients, understand their goals and concerns, and make a positive impact on their financial affairs. Our workplace environment is positive, productive, energetic, team-oriented and fun. Our team members feel balanced, valued and respected, are accountable, and are given the opportunity to grow and shine. Together, we act to make our community a great place to live.
Are you great with people, an awesome communicator to clients, team members, and partners, and do you excel at details, multitasking and meeting deadlines?
Are you professional, warm, tactful and always willing to go that extra mile?
Are you organized and able to concentrate on details and deadlines that are important to clients, partners, and other team members?
We are seeking a professional, team-oriented, and organized Manager to join our community-minded, friendly and approachable firm. We provide quality business advisory, accounting and tax planning services, and truly value great team members. We are looking for a new Manager to help us provide our clients with ‘totally awesome service’ while providing a broad range of accounting services including tax-planning, corporate tax preparation, and audits.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations (ASNPO)
- Experience in the design of engagement procedures based on risk and materiality
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and experience in CaseWare, Caseview, Jazzit, bookkeeping software such as QuickBooks and Sage 50 (Simply), and Tax Software (example: Profile, Tax Prep, etc.) is an asset
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients and Partners to provide accounting and taxation services to a broad range of Private Enterprise clients
- Manage a portfolio of clients in various industries while understanding their business and key risks; ensure their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Lead multiple engagement teams concurrently
- Plan, manage, and execute Notice to Reader and Review engagements. Experience with Audit engagements is an asset
- Prepare financial statements with appropriate note disclosure in accordance with the accounting framework of the client
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, and deliverables
- Accountable for project financials (i.e. budgets, work-in-progress, and timely billing)
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and addressing performance issues promptly
- Uphold and support our Vision, Mission, and Core Values
- Other duties to be performed as required
- Competitive salary, benefits and vacation
- Our benefits package includes wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, RRSP matching, firm sponsored social events and professional development
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu of overtime
If you have a mature, positive attitude, are able to work independently and with a team, have the ability to multi-task, and are excited to work in a fun, busy and growing firm, please apply now!
This position will remain open until filled. We would love to hear from you!
Tenisci Piva, LLP, values its team members, and as a potential team member, we thank you for taking the time to apply for this position!
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 6 years (Preferred)