Routledge Stock Farms Ltd. is a family run farm located in the rural area near Lenore, MB. Currently, we are farming with a custom feedlot with up to 1600 head of cattle, a 170 cow/calf operation and 2200 acres of grain. For the cattle side of the operation, we are currently recruiting for Farm Labourer (NOC 8431) (1 vacancy).
Employment type: Permanent, full time (35-40h/week) (1 vacancy)
Work Location: Routledge Stock Farms Ltd, NW 2-12-25 W, Lenore, MB, R0M 1E0
Business Address: Routledge Stock Farms Ltd, PO Box 956, Lenore, MB, R0M 1E0
Salary/benefits: $ 15.00 per hour, 4% vacation pay
Position Summary: Reporting to the farm owner, the Farm Labourer will be expected to contribute to the day-to-day operational activities and the wellbeing of the cattle in our feedlot and cow/calf operation.
- Feed and tend livestock using (industrial) farm machinery
- Remove cattle with low stress techniques
- Detect disease and health problems in livestock
- Follow bio-security procedures
- Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
- Assist with shipping, processing and other cattle duties
- Operate, maintain and repair farm machinery and equipment
- Field work regarding seeding and harvesting of crops used to feed the cattle
- Maintain, repair and clean buildings and pens
- Maintain roads and farmyards (mowing, grading, trimming, spraying, plow snow, etc)
- Keep records as directed
- At least 1-year relevant hands-on experience with beef cattle
- Have experience in the safe handling of livestock, including bulls and calving cows
- Completion of secondary school. Completion of agricultural post-secondary education would be asset
- Experienced with operating various farm machinery (among others front-end loader, bale shredder, seeder, combine);
- Ability to carry out maintenance and (minor) repairs on farm equipment is necessary
- Physical fitness to be able to lift up to 100lbs
- Class 1 drivers’ licence would be an asset
- Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates may be required to be flexible with their hours of work. Busier seasons (calving/seeding/harvest) will offset slower seasons.
- Able to communicate in the English language
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and relevant reference to Routledge Stock Farms Ltd by email or mail to Routledge Stock Farms Ltd, PO Box 956, Lenore, MB, R0M 1E0.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 /hour