- Child related educational background, experience or Early Childhood Education Diploma
- Strong communication skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR[C]
- Current Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening required upon hiring
Before & After School Child Care (school year)
Minimum starting rate:
$18.06 - $19.85 plus YMCA membership.
(Provincial wage enhancement, $2/hour is reflected in the wage.)
10 – 20 hours per week, availability within the hours of 7-9am & 2-6pm Monday to Friday
Centres are located within schools in the Niagara Region, including Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Welland, Fonthill, St. Catharines, Niagara on the Lake, Smithville, Grimsby, Beamsville and Thorold
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
- Responsible for the care and safety of the children
- Organize and implement activities for the group as outlined in the weekly program plans, including components required by the curriculum
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all parents, children and fellow team members
- Provide feedback to parents regarding their children
- Responsible for the physical condition of the child care facility
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
For more information for this and other opportunities at the YMCA of Niagara please visit our website, ymcaofniagara.org
How to Apply:
email cover letter and resume