LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Are you someone who cares about the well-being of others? Be the one driving change. Want to change people’s lives for the better?
Now you can!
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years’ experience. We provide laboratory testing services, which help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. Our sense of accountability is what drives us to deliver the highest quality in lab services.
LifeLabs is currently looking for a Courier to provide specimen transport for physicians and other healthcare providers in Stratford. This is a temporary full-time position. As a Courier, you will be the LifeLabs brand ambassador on the road, demonstrating the important service LifeLabs provides to the community while maintaining our established reputation.
The successful candidate must be available from 1:45pm - 9:45pm from Monday to Friday.
In this role, you will:
- Safely transport specimens in a timely manner to preserve specimen integrity, while ensuring a high level of maturity, customer service, and accountability in various driving conditions, rural or urban areas, during daytime and evening hours.
- You will use corporate vehicle equipped with Telematics system in them to monitor driving.
- Represent the LifeLabs brand with professionalism and integrity by providing a positive experience at every touch point.
- Utilize LifeLabs technology to access and complete on-line readings and training, read emails and complete timecards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by handling all situations with professionalism. The right person for this role will be effective in a fast-paced environment while managing physical demands such as lifting or maneuvering up to 50 pounds. Some key qualities include responsible, professional and reliable.
Other requirements include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A full valid driver’s license and clean driver’s record
- 3 years of driving experience with a full valid license
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work a specified route schedule
- Flexible work hours and availability for sudden shift changes.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence, and can live these values with us every day.
Drive your way to a fulfilling future. Apply today.
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email [email protected]
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.