Live-In Maintenance Associates working in Premium properties are self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced environment. They are committed to providing excellent customer service to all residents and foster a company culture of a Great Place to Be.
This role is primarily responsible for the general, preventative and repair maintenance of a single complex of buildings as well as, apartment units and grounds. This role responds to emergency situations during and after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns. In addition, this role supports a variety of maintenance activities including: minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting to ensure service and support is provided to residents thereby promoting Timbercreek as the preferred landlord of choice. This role lives on property.
Premium Vision: To leverage Timbercreek Communities experience and operating systems to create a platform that delivers a Premium Living Experience in select properties, allowing us to compete in the changing marketplace and become the leading owner/operator of Premium Multi-Residential Properties in Canada.
Who We Look For: We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do. Work with a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond resident experiences.
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, professional service and support is provided to residents consistently
- Promptly respond to resident issues and service requests in order to achieve and exceed resident satisfaction
- Perform general and specialized maintenance and repairs to site properties and surrounding properties under the direction of management
- Complete assigned service requests for both in-suite (interior and exterior) and common area issues in a timely manner
- Complete in-suite turnover activities, including both light and heavy maintenance; this could include repair or replacement of appliances, kitchen or bathroom fixtures, basic carpentry, etc.
- Complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, basic electrical repairs, and safe use and maintenance of tools
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine if repairs or preventative maintenance is required
- Take initiative to correct deficiencies as necessary by maintaining clean and garbage free lobbies, hallways, and properties, replacement of light bulbs, plumbing, electrical etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all electrical, mechanical and work areas (including supply and storage areas)
- Perform all facets of the job in accordance with the legislation applicable to the jurisdiction, including: Health and Safety standards, WHMIS, AODA, PIPEDA and Human Rights
- Comply with health & safety procedures, ensuring the use of required safety equipment, and identifying unsafe practices and conditions while maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Ensure all areas are free of hazards and where not able to resolve, ensure management are informed for immediate resolution
- Maintain regular and timely documentation of maintenance activities
- Respond to after-hours emergencies when on call
- May be required to work with contractors and monitor work progress
- All other duties within the scope of the job, as requested by management
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- Yardi experience highly desirable
- 5th Class Power Engineering an asset
- 2+ years of maintenance or related experience
- Flexibility to work on-call on a rotating schedule (evenings & weekends) is required
- Proficient with use of basic handheld and electrical tools
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry, painting, etc.
- Certification/license from one of the trade professions a definite asset
- Must be familiar with the community rules and regulations
- Exposure to multi-residential or other related industry asset class considered an asset
- WHMIS certified would be an asset
- Knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems would be an asset
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service with exceptional performance
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
Timbercreek Communities is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All selected candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment criminal & background checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of all applicable checks. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Timbercreek Communities we believe that apartments are more than bricks and mortar - they are an experience.
Started in 1999 with one small building in Oakville Ontario, we now manage a portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Timbercreek Communities takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to working together collaboratively with our team and community members to create better living experiences, operating with the strategy of being a “Great Place to Be” for our residents and team members.
Our Vision: “We create better living and working experiences together”
Our Core Values:
- Great Place to Work
- Great Place to Live
- Ownership Mindset
- Community Focus
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Extended health care
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee assistance programs
- Company events & social hours
Job Type: Permanent
- Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)