Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you have experience in Inventory Control and Quality?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Inventory Control and Quality Coordinator (6 Month Contract)
The Inventory Control and Quality Coordinator position will ensure execution of daily tasks related to Inventory Control. Responsible for manual billing of Flow orders, Provide support for stores as well as other departments in the Support Centre. Support company initiatives and programs.
What you’ll do:
What we are looking for:
- Ensure DC Inventory integrity is maintained through conducting active and seasonal cycle counts in the warehouse
- Provide organizational cross functional support on all inventory related issues/processes/projects
- Troubleshoot issues working alongside Operations/Logistics Supervisors and Team Members
- Assist Supervisor and Manager with maintenance of all warehouse management systems in the facility.
- Interact with users to identify business requirements
- Troubleshoot issues brought forward by Team Members.
- Support IC Manager and Supervisor of all Warehouse initiatives that support the Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Strategy.
- Consistently demonstrates Genuine Merchant Customer Service by providing on-time response to Store, Supply Chain and other queries and be knowledgeable about DC Operations and Processes
- Perform additional tasks, as designated by management
- Promotes and endorses Safety Vision “Safety is our way of life”.
- Post-secondary education and a minimum of 1 year of WMS experience.
- Good understanding of warehouse operations and inventory control.
- Previous experience in a Grocery Distribution setting is an asset.
- Previous experience with Warehouse equipment including but not limited to: ride on walkie, manual pallet jack, reach machine and Sky Jack.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Strong communication skills
- Solid proficiency in time management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership and enthusiasm.
- Flexibility – ability to adapt quickly to new situations as well as new and changing processes, programs and services.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Work is being performed in a standard warehouse environment with frequent exposure to adverse conditions.
- The work involves occasional periods of intense sensory effort as well as occasional periods of considerable physical effort.
- Travel to various Warehouse locations when required.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including – overnight, evenings, weekends and holidays as business needs require.
Will be required to operation various warehouse equipment including but not limited to: ride on walkie, manual pallet jack, reach machine and Sky Jack.
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6