Baymag Inc., an industrial mineral company specializing in the production and international marketing of Magnesium Oxide (MgO), with mining operations near Radium Hot Springs, BC, and processing facilities at Exshaw, AB, is searching for a highly motivated logistics professional to join our sales administration team at Baymag’s Head Office in Calgary, Alberta.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Create shipping notices in accordance with established procedures
- Identify issues that can affect customer service and assist in finding resolution
- Enter data into excel spreadsheets/Systems with completeness and accuracy
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality
- In coordination with the Production Supervisors and Shipper/Receiver personnel, establish the shipping schedule for calcined MgO from Exshaw for all modes of transportation
- Manage railcar fleet including daily railcar trace on Canadian and US railways
- Continuously seek improvement opportunities, as well as planning, developing, and effectively and efficiently executing those with a focus on lowering operational costs, improving service delivery and mitigation of corporate risk and rising environmental pressures
- Understand customers’ needs, service those needs, and maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to logistics activities
- High School diploma required - post-secondary education is desired
- Minimum three years’ experience in logistics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficient with MS office software
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills with an ability to multitask
- Experience in manufacturing industries
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP knowledge an asset)
If you would like to be part of one of North America’s leading industrial companies, then please submit your cover letter, resume along with salary expectations with “2020CAL001” in the subject line.
Baymag thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)