The UI/UX Designer works across Web application and Mobile apps (including tablets) on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web apps) and produces, user centric web/mobile interfaces. The designer is skilled in information design, and is able to balance practical needs with creating meaningful experiences. The UI/UX Designer leads in optimizing product experience in both mobile and web. This position is a combination of creative visual design and information architecture.
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and manage style guidelines between mobile and desktop.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to create a clean and elegant UI while maintaining an intuitive and concise UX.
- Design UI mocks, site flows, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes
- Participate actively in discussions, presentations and decisions about UI/UX.
- Collaborate with the stakeholders, the users, the build team and other development partners to implement state-of-the-art user experiences.
- Act as the impulse by providing clear guidance to the team’s questions during implementation phases.
- Perpetually demonstrate expertise in UI/UX design both in discussion and practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology preferred, or related experience
- 2+ years' experience in Web and Mobile Design
- 2+ years' experience in UI/UX information architecture
- A formal qualification in Graphic design
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5 and their cross-browser limitations
- Proven ability to deliver projects on schedule according to established deadlines
- Working knowledge of content management and publishing
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills working with technical and non-technical business users
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with web technologies
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user experience
- Expert in mobile and desktop optimized design practices
- Highly proficient with designing & prototyping tools. Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator/Sketch are necessary
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of all phases of web product design and development
- Enthusiastic with excellent organizational skills
PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO, PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A FREELANCE POSITION
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour